LUGC Collinge Trophy (1) Hesketh GC
Wednesday 8th May 2019 - Hesketh, White Tees
Open to Life or Annual Members of the Lancashire Golf Union only. Click here to join
All entries are conditional and we may refuse or cancel an entry before the date of the competition.
Top Three qualify for the Finals Day at Hillside Golf Club on 12th September 2019.
Singles medal handicap competition.
Entry Fee £20.00
Conditions of Play
- The Championship shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited, and any local rules as approved by the Championship Committee.
- The R&A Rules Limited Condition of Competition (1st January 2010) relating to clubface grooves does not apply.
- All competitors will be required to play with golf balls which are on the current list of ‘The Confirming Balls’ issued periodically by the R&A Rules Limited. A list of all conforming balls is available on http://www.randa.org/en/Equipment/Equipment-Rules.aspx Penalty for breach of condition: Disqualification
- Driving clubs must not have a characteristic time greater than 257 microseconds when measured on pendulum testing apparatus approved by R&A Rules Limited – see also Appendix II, http://www.randa.org/en/Equipment/Equipment-Rules.aspx Penalty for breach of condition: Disqualification
- Competitors are expected to walk at all times during a stipulated round. A golf buggy may be used by a player or caddie who can provide a valid current medical certificate of disability and has requested permission to use a golf buggy by the closing date for the Championship. Where the disability prevents the player from driving the buggy, he may nominate a third party to drive the buggy for them who must be approved by the Championship Committee in the event that permission is granted. In any other case, the use of a motorised buggy is not permitted without the permission of an on-course referee. Penalty for breach of condition: 2 shots, maximum of 4. Note, the Championship Committee will not be responsible for providing buggies regardless of whether a competitor provides a valid certificate.
- Late attendance on the first tee will be treated with strict adherence to Rule 6.3 – i.e. up to 5 minutes late will attract a 2 shot penalty applied to the first hole, and any later will result in disqualification. To avoid the risk of penalties competitors are asked to report to the official starter at the first tee 5 minutes before their starting time.
- Pace of Play – the policy of the Championship Committee is that the Pace of Play will be strictly applied. A ‘Pace of Play’ sheet will be provided with each card describing the full conditions.
- Time allowed for the round – each hole is given a maximum completion time and this information is printed on the score card.
- Out of Position – the first group will be considered ‘out of position’ if at any time their cumulative time exceeds that allowed for the number of holes completed. Subsequent groups will be considered ‘out of position’ if they are more than the starting interval behind the group ahead and has exceeded the time allowed for the number of holes completed.
- Penalty for Breach of Condition
i. One Bad Time Warning
ii. Two Bad Times 1 stroke penalty
iii. Three Bad Times A further 2 strokes penalty
iv. Four Bad Times Disqualification
- All disputes shall be settled by the Championship Committee (three to form a quorum) whose decision shall be final.
The contact for this competition is Phil Harvey
(Signup Opens at 12:01 am on 01/01/2019)