Interested in helping to grow golf in Lancashire ?
There are currently vacancies on the board of the Lancashire Union of Golf
Clubs Ltd and we are inviting applications, supported by the applicants home
club, from individuals who may be interested in becoming involved with the
County and who have suitable experience and skills. On this page you can
download a role description to help highlight the commitment and various
roles that board members undertake. Lancashire is a very successful County
both in elite performance and increasing participation, as well as the many
club support functions we undertake. England Golf recognised our work in
naming Lancashire the "County of the Year" at their 2017 annual awards. To
maintain this position requires a high level of commitment from our board
and it is important to ensure we have both support and a line of succession
for the current volunteers in their many roles.
The following are particular skills and experience which would be an
advantage to add to the current board.
Finance & Accountancy
Marketing & Business Development
Internet / Web Development
Sports Development & Coaching
This does not exclude someone without these specific skills, they are simply
a useful addition. Each candidate would be assessed on their particular
attributes and commitment to the work we do.
should be submitted to the County Office and will be reviewed by the Administration Committee who will then arrange interviews where appropriate.
About The Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs
The objects of the Union shall be:-
- To further the interests of the game of Golf, and provide guidance and assistance for Golf Clubs affiliated, or seeking affiliation, to the Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs.
- To assist in maintaining a uniform system of handicapping.
- To arrange County Amateur Championships.
- To arrange Competitions for Handicap Players.
- To arrange County Matches.
- To co operate with the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews through the medium of the English Golf Union to which Union the Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs is affiliated.
- To take such action from time to time as the Union may consider desirable for the benefit of its Members.
Club Security Self Assessment
On the 1st January, 2009 the Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs Limited became a company limited by guarantee and a copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association can be downloaded by clicking the link below:-
LUGC Memorandum & Article